Are You Boycotting The Mets?

In the video below I react to a number of comments I’ve heard this season about fans planning on not going to Citi Field in 2012. Also, don’t forget to check out the latest podcast of The 5 Tool Show.

This entry was posted in New York Mets, On The Black TV and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Are You Boycotting The Mets?

1. @mets_sex says:

Hey Kerel…As disgusted as I am with direction of this team, I do plan on watching on SNY. A true die hard through thick and thin, I would have every pitch on as usual. However, based on the quality of the product on the field, fans have every right to not want to make the effort to actually be at the games. It doesn't make them any less die-hard than other fans. I have a 5-pack, so will definitely make the trek 5 times and actually looking forward to the Marlins game most. Anything more than this will depend on how good the team plays. If they produce and become an exciting young team that competes, you bet I will be out at Citi more times for sure.

Oh and, yes I will absolutely be cheering for Jose Reyes, without a doubt!

Thanks for the comments. I was curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Especially those who say they won't go to Citi this year. Curious to see how far people are willing to go to show their displeasure with this team.

2. mike k says:

I live out in Northeastern PA so I don't get to CitiField very much. I follow the Mets via radio and Internet. I think its ridiculous to boycott the Mets when their financial situation has been well known for the past 2 years. You can't blame the players for bad management. I support the team and follow them for the players not the GM, President or Owner. I feel that Wilpon should just sell the team. The Mets will get better you just have to be patient.

Mike – your last sentence is something that I don't think a lot of Mets fans have with this team and rightfully so. I understand that it's only been one season for Alderson and team but at the same time this is an organization that has not made the playoffs in 5 years and haven't won't a WS in 26 years. Patience has worn out.

3. Petet69 says:

I've been a Met fan since the Joan Payson days. I won't be going to Citifield. I might watch some games on TV but I am not going to buy any merchandice. This is New York not Cleveland, or Pittsburg. The Mets have gone downhill since 1986. They gambled to make the team better and lost. The farm system is a disaster. Maybe i'll go to a few Brooklyn Cyclones games because you can get a decent seat for under $20. I am waiting until the wilputzes sell the team I heard they are using the same debt consolidator the Texas Rangers used.

4. Rich Mingoia says:

I have not gone to a game in 4yrs!! I have not watched them on tv and have not bought anything with "Mets" on it!!__We have to hit the Wilpons where it hurts!!! I have bought some t shirts from " The 7 Line" like "Sell The Team"._The only time I was at Citifield was to see the Paul McCartney Concert!!!__Come on people show them we are not happy with the way this team is heading!!_PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!__thanks_Rich