Do The Mets Have Any Untradables?

I recently asked the following question on the OTB Facebook Fan Page:

Interesting discussion tonight on The 5 Tool Show. Are there any players on the Mets you wouldn’t trade? I say no you should at least listen to offers for everyone. I said I’d trade Ike Davis for the right price. Tanya says no way. Thoughts?

Watch the video below to hear the feedback.

This entry was posted in New York Mets, On The Black TV and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Do The Mets Have Any Untradables?

1. Jim B says:

I would say there are nobody on this team who cannot be traded, but I would say that probably David Wright and Ike Davis would be the two guys I would keep on the team to start building a core around.

2. Scott says:

I would not trade Niese , Davis , or Duda

3. scot says:

Everyone says Duda can't play the outfield, they said same thing about Bay that is defense was horrible but it has been fantastic if he could just find is swing. Duda with work can be a good outfielder and his bat is major league.

4. Bryan says:

Nick Evans lol

5. morgan says:

duda tejada wheeler harvey niese. i would like to say reyes too.
    nobody else in the discussion

6. dmakproductions says:

I would absolutely hold onto Ike, he's the future. I would also keep one of wright or reyes to anchor the team into the future years..I feel that David Wright is going to be a winner whether it be on the Mets or somewhere else..the dude is a natural leader.

7. Guest says:

I don't think anyone should be considered "untouchable", especially on a team that is in rebuilding mode. If the Mets do not resign Reyes I think they should trade Wright. Look, with the talent the team has now they will not win in the next 2 years Wright has on his deal. Trade Wright, get prospects, build the farm system that is getting better so the Mets can win 3-5 years from now. Ike Davis is gonna be a integral part of that team 3-5 years from now and he has little value so it would not be wise to trade him. The one thing I don't understand is the people saying don't trade Duda. His value is the highest now and he is not gonna be a big part of a future Mets team. While he performed well last year his upside is a good 4th outfielder and power bat off the bench against a right hander.