Collins Should Bat Jason Bay 9th

Mets Stories From Around The Web:

• Mets Today: Why I’m Optimistic About Jason Bay
  • ESPN New York: In-depth: How moving walls impacts HRs
  • Metsblog: Notes & Quotes: Conference call with DePo & Draft Picks
  • The 7 Line: As I’ve mentioned before Darren from The 7 Line and I are working on printing and selling Carter shirts. The proceed will be donated to Cancer research. If you would like to order one and help out the cause you can get yours now!
  • This entry was posted in New York Mets, On The Black TV and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Collins Should Bat Jason Bay 9th

1. threedee says:

Right, let's further humiliate a classy guy who's working his ass off. Humiliation will definitely help him improve his offense.

*eye roll*

I get the idea of batting 9th could be an embarrassment but I'm will to take that chance in an effort to hopefully jump start him. If not, what do you think the Mets should do to help get Bay going?

2. goorru says:

While I understand your logic This wouldn't happen in 1,000,000 years. Its way too radical for any manager to make that move. Not to mention the fact that jason bay is a headcase. I don't think he is mentally equipped to handle a move to the ninth spot.

You may be right about the mental part but the Mets gotta try something to jump start him. Especially with Wright and Davis out, they need Bay's bat badly. What do you think the Mets should do to help get Bay going?

3. skaye19 says:

I agree it might get him mad enough to forget the pressure and get him going. If he refuses then void the contract. If it weren't for his contract he would be either in the minors or picked up off the waiver wire by another team.

Mets are stuck with him because of that contract so whether anyone likes it or not, he will be here. They have to do something to try to turn him around.

4. darknova306 says:

Well said, Kerel. Bay is too much of a liability in the middle or top of the order, and keeping him there and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Also, if you're mentally weak enough to do worse just because of the part of the batting order you're hitting in, you don't deserve to be playing major league baseball. And is moving to the bottom of the order really more humiliating than striking out one a weak changeup with runners in scoring position every night and walking off to thousands of boos?

Deciding where to put Bay in the order is basically just deciding on where you want your 'clutch' strikeouts to come from at this point.

5. @artie412 says:

As much as I am NOT a Jason Bay fan at all — and check the Metsblog for my recurring "Bay Watch" analysis of how he is screwing up at the plate — batting him ninth would be needless humilation. To me, much more effective, is a trip to Port St. Lucie or Buffalo to work on mechanics. Head case or not, he did not FORGET how to hit.