Video: Mets Voluntary Spring Training Workouts

Here are a couple videos courtesy of the TCPalm of the Mets voluntary spring training workouts.

Daniel Murphy turning double plays:

Nice view from behind the batting cage. Videos like this get me hyped up. Can’t wait for the games to begin!

This entry was posted in Around The Net, New York Mets and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Video: Mets Voluntary Spring Training Workouts

1. Pingback: Mets Viewer Comments: Oliver Perez or Luis Castillo? « OnTheBlack.com – New York Mets Video Baseball Blog | Mets News

2. SuperGrover says:

How are you getting in,I'm down here and workouts are closed?

3. AC Wayne says:

Daniel Murphy was sporting a knee brace, he must've really had some injury last year…if you asked me, I would say that the knee is one of the most important parts of your body if your thinking about playing pro sports…

I'd like to see him taking some grounders. I want to see how he moves to his left and right and how he makes throws to 2b. Let's hope all that is better then him turning double plays because he looks terrible doing that.

• BaseballAnalyst says:

I know they think his bat can help but I would rather go with strong defense up the middle. I hope his knee can withstand the grind at second base which is considerable. I think Castillo will shock people and make the team as the starter.

They have been forcing feeding us Murphy for a few years now…LF, 1b and now 2b. Don't be surprised if he's the 2b on opening day if his defense is half way decent this spring.

• BaseballAnalyst says:

Knee could give him trouble at second.

4. hfa says:

Lets be clear: his pivots were nightmares. not fluid at all. and that wasnt him in the cages. that was a nice, level swing as opposed to Murphy uppercut-soon-to-be-a-pop-out swing.