Mets Blogger Roundtable: 2010 Predictions

In the seventh and final edition of the “Mets Blogger Roundtable Series 2010” Dave Doyle of Mets Report and Joe Janish of Mets Today give their New York Mets predictions for the 2010 season. Once again I want to thank Dave and Joe for joining me in previewing the Mets 2010 season. Also, I want to give a special thanks to McFaddens NYC for allowing us to film at their location. I’m looking forward to visiting their Citi Field location over the summer.

15 Responses to Mets Blogger Roundtable: 2010 Predictions

1. John says:

I think the Mets are going to go over 81 wins. They can win the wild card with about 90 or 91 wins, but I think they will have about 88.

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking around 85 wins or so. But as you said 90-91 will get the Wild Card and with the current roster I don't think the Mets have the starting pitching to make the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and I'm trying to stay optimistic but I am concerned with how well Maine, Pelfrey and Perez will pitch this year.

• raymond says:

the mets are doomed to be losers as long as they have manuel as the manager

2. raymond says:

unless they get rid of manuel the Mets a doomed to lose

Why are you singling out Manuel? Don't the players and Management have to take some of the responsibility and blame? I'm not saying Manuel is the best manager out there but I'm curious to know why you are singling him out?

3. kyleklink says:

74 or 75. The pitching just isn’t there for a shot at the wild card.

4. CMG says:

83-86 wins.

I will say the Florida Marlins have been incredibly overrated. They were incredibly lucky last season. The Braves do worry me though with their young pitching but maybe they get victimized with the Verducci effect and if that happens they are just are more flawed than the Mets because that is not a good lineup.

The Mets pitching I think will go through changes this season but it will end up being pretty positive change. If the lineup can mesh without Reyes or Beltran until they come back then I think we will be okay.

5. BKartch says:

If the Mets stay healthy and Perez, Maine, and Pelfrey play to their utmost potential the Mets will win 83 or 84. There are too many holes to get more than that, but those three pitchers can be good enough to keep this team from below .500 and/or a last place finish.

6. Corné says:

I will go with 84 wins this year
    they will have a decent year and the 3 starting pitchers Maine, Perez and Pelfrey will be solid but, not enough the bring in the division or the wild card

7. tom says:

82 if the pitching does good. if the pitching does shit then i say 62.

8. Pingback: Sunday Night Reading: Your Mets Blog Notes – A Train Baseball

9. Pingback: Top Five Blog Posts For March 2010 « OnTheBlack.com – New York Mets Video Baseball Blog | Mets News

10. Pingback: Review of 2010 Predictions