Advice For Mets Management

Now that the off-season is underway, I have some advice that I would like to share with Omar Minaya and Mets management. In the video below I lay out some rules to live by for the off-season.

This entry was posted in Baseball, New York Mets and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Advice For Mets Management

1. Dave Doyle says:

Great post! Are you available to run the Mets for the next few years? I think we'd be in better shape right now if you were.

2. Tim says:

I read on Metsblog.com a while ago Matthew Cerrone wrote that a Boston talk-radio host said the Red Sox should offer Clay Buchholz, top prospect RHP Michael Bowden, OF Jacoby Ellsbury and SS Jed Lowrie to the Mets for SS Jose Reyes. I would make this trade. After the year he had i don't think anyone will be wiling to make a huge trade like this. When you can trade one player and get all this in return you would be a fool not to do it. Having said all of that Reyes would be missed, he is an unbelievable player. when he gets on base he ignites the Mets. I think the Mets should try and trade for Carl Crawford or another guy with Reyes like tendencies. I feel like Reyes may need some help at the top of the lineup in case he doesn't get on base. We need more than one catalyst at the top.

Thanks for the comments. I would have made that trade with Boston to. The players the Mets would have received back fill multiple needs and would have made the team much better overall.

I see on Metsblog.com tonight that the Rays have picked up (or are close to picking up) Crawford's option. With all the talk about who the Mets should get to play LF, Crawford in my opinion would have been my top choice if the Rays didn't pick up the option. With that said, if the Mets can find a way to trade for him, I'm all for it. Not only does he fill a need at the top of the line-up but defensively he can cover a lot of ground in that huge Citi Field outfield.

3. Tommy says:

I have a feeling this is going to be onther stupid offseason by the Mets. I think they are going to sign a whole bunch of guys that are just role players in my opinion. I dont think they are going to sign a big free agent this year..and I pridict they dont make it to playoffs again this year because of there stupid management..especially with the Phillies getting better. I heard they were going to get roy halladay in a trade for prospects and then sign chone figgins to play 3rd base. If the Mets want to go far this year this is want I think they have to do….either get Roy Halladay in a trade or sign John Lackey…get bengie molina as our catcher and the sign matt halliday to play LF for us. Also sign marquis and wolf to be in our rotation.

I don't know…I think the Mets will spend money this off-season, it's all a matter of how they spend it. Also, I think the Mets have done ok the last few off-seasons. Last year I think we all thought they did a good job of fixing their bullpen issues, it's just they ran into a lot of injuries. Remember before 09 they only missed the playoffs by a couple games in 07 and 08. Thats not because they had bad off seasons, thats because their players just struggled the last few weeks of the season.

4. Giovanni says:

Hey I was wondering if the Mets had a really good chance on trading for a great young power hitter in Prince Fielder ? I feel the Mets should strongly make an attempt to trade for him, he's really young (25) so he is not only the answer for our power this year but for the next 8-10 years. He's only 1 year older then Daniel Murphy & they can include Daniel Murphy in a package for Prince Fielder. Just wanna know your thoughts & how realistic this can happen, that would also save money for the Mets so then can get Lacky who I think fits perfectly with the Mets & takes some pressure off Santana tramendously.

Well the last I read about the possibility of the Brewers trading Fielder was that they had planned on not trading him. But we will see, its a long winter and anything can happen. He would be a nice fit for the Mets and fill a number of needs (1b and left-handed power bat). I think the Mets stand a better chance in getting Lackey then they do signing Fielder (just my opinion).