Have We Seen The Best of Jose Reyes?

In the video below I discuss Jose Reyes career as a New York Met and I ask myself (and you the viewer), do you think he can get better or have we seen the best of Jose Reyes?

Links Mentioned In The Video:

Metsblog: Read: Ghost of Reyes

This entry was posted in Baseball, New York Mets, Player Profile and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Have We Seen The Best of Jose Reyes?

1. Theresa says:

I could deal with seeing the best of him– if he continues to be as good as he has been at his best, that would be a huge thing. What would be sad would be if the injury has permanently impaired him, and he only gets worse. But there is no reason to assume that will happen. We just have to wait and see, and Mets fans really hate that.

Thanks for the comments. I'm just concerned that 2006 is the best we are going to see. I think some of it is mental as well. Meaning Reyes doesn't always make the best decisions out there on the field. There is no question about his talent level, but he could be a much better ball player from a mental standpoint.

2. Peter says:

Jose Reyes is never going to be the player the Mets expected him to be. They need to trade him to the White Sox. Ozzie Gullen will get everything out of him. Jose is too cottled in New York. He pouts when he has a bad game but he is not a great team player like Jeter. You never hear Reyes say I would have traded something good I did for a win. He should be traded after spring when he has recovered from the hamstring injury.

3. Manny says:

WTF?!?!?!…come on guys its JOSE REYES we are talking about….Jose has all the pontential in the world….I would be a BIG IDIOT to trade Jose Reyes. I mean if you look at it if he gets on base for the Mets we win a lot of games."If Reyes goes so do the Mets" HELL ******* NO I wont trade him.

4. Ben says:

Don't trade him. What Reyes needs is to learn to play the game like Brendan Ryan of the St. Louis Cardinals. Ryan is a gamer. His stats don't particularly "wow", but when you watch him play, you see how he gives every play his all and each at bat all he's got. If you could combine Reyes's talent with that kind of enthusiasm, then you're looking at a higher average, better defense, and more of a leader, a role model.

I know he's still young and I am not saying they should trade him right away but how long should the team wait for him to try and figure it out? He's got all the talent in the world but he needs to play smarter baseball and bring the intangibles that winning players bring to the game. He also needs to stay healthy…