Series Recap: Mets Sweep Mini Set In AtlantaMay 6, 2009
The New York Mets swept a mini two game series in Atlanta, improving their record to 12-13 on the season. Below is my series recap.
If your having trouble viewing this video, try the Quicktime version
- Nice Road Trip: Mets won 3 out of 4 against the Phillies and Braves. Anytime you can go on the road against your two biggest rivals and produce good results is a positive sign. Also, since the Mets pitching staff has been struggling, it was also nice to see this the Mets win 3 out of 4 without Santana pitching.
- David Wright: Wright is showing signs that he’s starting to heat up. Against the Braves: 4-9 | 3 RBI | 1 HR. Hopefully Wright is starting to turn the corner and get that bat going.
- Team Showing Emotion: In last nights game you saw something from the Mets that you normally don’t see and that’s emotion. After an error Castillo slammed his glove in frustration and after making an out, Wright showed similar frustration in the dugout. I think this emotion is a good thing. It’s showing that the team has some life, some fire and it will be interesting to see if this can carry over to betting play on the field.
Who’s Hot and Who’s Not:
- Who’s Hot? How about Carlos Beltran? As I stated in my Carlos Beltran player profile post yesterday, Beltran continues to tear it up. He is batting over .400 and has 16 game hitting streak. Beltran has also been on base every game this year.
- Who’s Not? How about Jose Reyes? Two weeks ago Reyes was batting .339. His average is now down to .257. Also, he only has 6 SB on the season. As everyone knows, as Jose Reyes goes, so does the Mets offense and right now Reyes is seriously struggling.
Next Up For The Mets:
- The Mets are home to welcome the Phillies for a three game series. I’ll be looking to see if Oliver Perez gets into a game out of the pen and see how he performs and what type of role the Mets use him in.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.