Series Recap: Mets Drop 2 of 3 To The FishApril 29, 2009
The New York Mets lost 2 of 3 to the Florida Marlins, dropping their record to 9-12 on the season. I am so glad that April baseball is over. Maybe the Mets can get off to a fresh start in May. Below is my series recap.
If your having trouble viewing this video, try the Quicktime version
- Game Three Seems to be an issue: The Mets are now 0-7 in the third games of series. Finishing strong seems to be an issue for this team.
- Give Wright a Day Off: If Wright isn’t grounding into a DP, he’s striking out. Sometimes when a player is struggling, the best thing to do is give that payer a day off. I understand that’s a difficult thing to do right now since both Castillo and Delgado are injured but if Manuel gets a chance to give Wright a day off, he should.
- Lack of Support for Santana: Santana is 3-1 on the season. He’s a Murphy error and JJ Putz 8th inning blow up away from being 5-0. With all the other starters struggling, it’s that much more important that the Mets win Santana starts.
Who’s Hot and Who’s Not:
- Who’s Hot? How about Carlos Beltran? Beltran is batting near .400 and now has a 12 game hitting streak.
- Who’s Not? How about JJ Putz? 6BB in 11IP. Not good for your set up guy.
Next Up For The Mets:
- The Mets travel to the Phillies for a three game weekend series. The Phils are currently one of the hottest teams in baseball. If the Mets can win 2 out of 3 that would be fantastic.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.