Series Recap: Mets Win 2 of 3 From Nats But I’m Still DisappointedApril 26, 2009
On the surface, winning two of of three is a good thing but I’m disappointed. In a previous series recap, I stated that the Mets needed to sweep the Nats in order for this series to be a success. In my video below I analysis the weekend series and explain why I am disappointed in the New York Mets performance.
If your having trouble viewing this video, try the Quicktime version
- Last Games of Series: The Mets are now 0-6 in game three of series this year. I’m not sure what to make of it, but seems like the team already has their bags packed and ready to move on.
- Bad Ollie appears again: I think we need to stop saying “Bad Ollie” or “Good Ollie”. There is only one Oliver Perez and the bottom line is he’s not good. 4.1 IP | 9 H | 7 ER.
- Met Offense: The offense is still leaving too many men on base. 27 LOBs in this weekends series.
Who’s Hot and Who’s Not:
- Who’s Hot? How about Jose Reyes? Reyes is batting .315 and now has a 12 game hitting streak.
- Who’s Not? How about Oliver Perez? 1-2 | 15 BB | 9.31 ERA
Next Up For The Mets:
- Next up are the first place Florida Marlins. They come to Citi Field for the last three games of April.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts. Also, don’t forget to check out my pics from this weekends series.