Series Recap: Mets Fall Short of Sweeping the Brew CrewApril 19, 2009
This weekend the New York Mets won 2 of 3 from the Milwaukee Brewers but today’s loss was very disappointing. The lack of clutch hitting from the Mets caught up with them today. The Mets left 10 men on base today and dropped to record of 6-6.
If your having trouble viewing this video, try the Quicktime version
- Johan Santana has been lights out: Santana picked up right where he left off last season. Here is a look at Santana’s stats this year: 2 W – 1 L | 19.2 IP | 27 SO | 0.46 ERA.
- Citi Field First: Saturday’s 1-0 win was the first shut out at Citi Field.
- Met Offense: The Mets offense left 10 men on base today and continues to be inconsistent. I said it before the start of the season that I was most concerned about the offense. The Mets are not going to get hot and go on a winning streak if this offense doesn’t turn around.
Who’s Hot and Who’s Not:
- Who’s Hot? How about Luis Castillo? Castillo is batting .400 and is 4th in the NL in average.
- Who’s Not? How about Fernando Tatis? Tatis has not had many chances this year but he’s yet to get a hit this season.
Next Up For The Mets:
- The Mets go on the road for three in St. Louis on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Hopefully the offense will get on track while on the road.
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.