Series Recap: New York Mets drop 2 of 3 to San Diego PadresApril 16, 2009
Series Recap: The New York Mets lost two out of three to the San Diego Padres. Below is a recap of the series and a look ahead.
If your having trouble viewing this video, try the Quicktime version
- Heath Bell Saves The Day: Former Met Heath Bell returned to NY and not only closed out two games in this series but will go down in the record books as recording the first ever save at Citi Field.
- Sheffield needs a bit more time: So far Gary Sheffield looks a bit slow at the plate and a little late on pitches. I’m hoping this is more rust than old age. Either way we as Mets fans need to be a bit patient and give him some time to see if he can come around.
- Inconsistent Pitching: Whether it’s Oliver Perez, John Maine or Mike Pelfrey, the Mets pitching has been very inconsistent so far this season and in my opinion its a big part of why the Mets have a 4-5 record.
Who’s Hot and Who’s Not:
- Who’s Hot? How about Carlos Delgado? Delgado is batting .343, 3 HR and 12 RBI’s on the young season. From the looks of things it seems like Delgado is going to enjoy the Pepsi Porch. He has hit a couple bombs over the last two games.
- Who’s Not? How about Brian Schneider? I know his primary role is defense but Schneider is batting .143 on the season and is a big part of the lack of production coming from the bottom of the line-up.
The Milwaukee Brewers come into town for three. The Brewers beat out the Mets on the last day of the season for the Wild Card in 2008. This weekend also marks the return of Willie Randolph as Brewers bench coach. It will be interesting to see how the Mets fan reacts to Willie.